Friday, October 07, 2005

Dawn

I rise to meet the new-born day at dawn
When the air that's filled with the bird's song,
Rain-quenched earth and grass across the lawn,
Cast a spell of oblivion as to where I belong.

The gentle wind whispers carelessly
Purging the land with vigour anew
Like the river inside flowing silently
Bringing life to every sinew.

There's the rain falling on the leaves
Quenching all with heavenly water sweet,
An instant when there's not a thing that grieves
As the beauty of Heaven descends with escaping vernal heat.

The speed of the descent fades with the passage of time,
Uneclipsed, the sun shows its visage with the fall of light;
Purged by heavenly water and light, earth - purer than gold sublime,
Lying motionless like in a swoon, bathing now in golden light.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

u've written this???

bravo!!!!

11:21 PM  
Blogger sykora said...

My, my, you must have a lot for free time, lot of free brainspace or both...well done.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Ashwin said...

I had written this a very long time ago when I had a lot of free time, but I'm not sure about the free brainspace, then.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

no time to write anything new??

by the by im ur senior :D

10:53 PM  
Blogger Ashwin said...

Hello Preetika,

I'm sorry but I can't update my blog
too often. Thanks for visiting my blog, though. And I shall leave a comment or two on yours, too, whenever I can.

And I did realise that you were my senior when PC Shyamshankar (Sykora) told me about you.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

wait a sec!!!

sykora is from BVM too??

oi and im nt THAT OLD and all that u woudln't know me..baani's my sis, IF that helps :D

10:47 PM  
Blogger Ashwin said...

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the name 'baani'. And I'm surprised that you didn't know sykora is studying at BVM.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

that sykora, doesn't leave any name.. and neither kogi nor dhruva said anything.. so no clue

10:05 AM  
Blogger Saranya said...

Lovely...

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home