Monday, May 23, 2005

My attempt at creating a blog

Something I do when caught in the snares of boredom - poetry-writing (if you can call it that). They scarcely make sense and the only good thing about them is that they rhyme. Tell me what you think

Here's a sample:


Walking carelessly, my eyes fell on her on the corner of the street
A look refined, a benign air of pride; man, she looked so sweet!
Expressive visage reflected innocent heart, didn't mind admiration
Time ran swiftly, ceaselessly and I, unaware, stared in fascination.
Footsteps like rustling leaves, she passes by like a gentle breeze,
Pride of a lady, heart of an infant, she's got a child's caprice.
With pride, innocence and gait that could charm the birds off the trees
Felt my passionate heart covetously plead, "Will you be mine, please?"

Verse 2 (continuation):

Gentle, searching looks, snow-fur she had and a sharp claws for nail
Joyous walked to the "Pet Shop" window, pride showing in upright tail
A satisfied customer, I walked out, in the end, with a load flabby
In hand I held my pet, selfish, wild, yet, the cutest little tabby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kaushik said...

Yay for Ashwin who has captivated us with his rhyming mindlessness-(Well, okay, it's a lot more mindful than I could ever be). Great job. Keep at it.
Kaushik

3:11 PM  
Blogger ram_einstein said...

nice poem... I can't say that about the rest of the blog (non-existant)

Put in some stuff.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Aditi said...

nice poem...but u should write more...ur better at blogging than i am!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Saranya said...

The simplest poem you've written so far...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home